Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What Dreams Are Made Of

When I was still teaching, I had this vision of how perfect my life would be if I could only be a stay at home mom. Well, sometimes ideas are much different than realities.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change my current situation for anything (anything!!).  It's just my reality involves way more runny noses, temper tantrums, dirty sippy cups, and just plain, ol' regular days than had ever existed in my wanna-be-a-stay-at-home-mom-dream-world. However, today was one of those days I used to daydream about.

First of all, the weather was absolutely beautiful!! ...Sunny, perfectly warm, not a cloud in the sky, and everyone was in a good mood - all at the same time! We started our morning off at the library. Kate has been asking to go to the library for days now, but I always could find a reason why "now" wasn't the right time. She was thrilled with the princess books she found and who knew the library had a Jesse book?!

 

Next stop was the lake for a picnic. We went to our usual picnic spot near the dam. As Kate says, "it is a lot of work to get there, but worth it". Kate and Ben waited patiently as I loaded myself up for the uphill trip. We enjoyed a nice little picnic next to the water. Ben was a Nervous Nellie that Luke was going to fall and roll into the water (a trait from his mother, for sure).
 


Last stop for the afternoon was the playground. Kate found Sohpia, her friend from school, and I ran into a couple friends I hadn't seen in awhile too. The kids played & played while I enjoyed the sunshine.  We left dirty and tired.  
 
 

When we got home the kids napped and I caught up on some DVR-ed TV. Then Kate and I checked out the new library books 'til the boys got up.  No fighting, no whining...just a great day with my kiddos. 

0 comments: