Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


Kate is pretty excited about Valentine's Day, mostly because of her school party.  It was yesterday, and the anticipation was almost unbearable.  She dressed herself in this outfit.  It was a little out-there.  I tried giving her several options to help tone it down a little bit, but her mind was made up.  Hey, it's her party!  ( I do not know why this picture will not flip the right way!  Grr..)

Our "celebration" actually began a few days ago when our first Valentine's Day cards arrived in the mail. Ben was home to greet the mailman and be the first to open the bag of heart shaped suckers and get his card from Mono.  He carried the card around with him all day, he took it to his nap with him, and to bed with him that night.  He's been sleeping with it ever since.  Yesterday, he added Grammy's card to his bedtime routine.  Last night at about 4 a.m. I heard our bedroom door open and little feet shuffle in.  I wasn't sure if it was Kate or Ben, until 2 Valentine's Day cards came flying over Drew and into the center the bed...it was Ben and his cards coming to join us!

Luke enjoying a sweet treat.

Kate and I played a couple of rounds of the Valentine's version of Memory that she made at school. 
 

 It's been fun, making today a little more special because of these three.

As I'm finishing up this post, Kate is scheming a Valentine's dinner idea.  She going to cook dinner for people and yell out our front door "Hey, we have hamburgers and cheese puffs over here! Come eat!".  Now she's trying to figure out where we are going to seat everyone.  I love it!

0 comments: