Monday, February 20, 2012

Birthday Boy

 

Last Saturday we celebrated Luke's 1st birthday.  It was a fun afternoon.  Although it may not be my greatest talent, I enjoy making cakes for the kids.  I was a little stuck on originality and basically mimicked the cake I made for Ben on his 1st birthday (colors and everything).  I made a little "1" cake for Luke and cupcakes for everyone else.  


Luke really had his eye on this gift.  He kept pointing to the Toy Story characters, so we went with it first.  (Pointing is really his "thing".)  I'd say he enjoyed opening his gifts, that was until he opened a musical birthday cake toy...then he just wanted to play. 
Opening Luke's gifts became a family affair. 







Since Luke's actual birthday was Friday, he had heard the Happy Birthday song quite a few times already. He loved it!  The kids and I sang it several times throughout his birthday and he thought it was hilarious.  He laughed and smiled when Grammy & Papa called from Florida to sing too. But, when we sang at his party he got embarrassed and tried to hide his head.  (I think he might have been embarrassed by how terrible his family sings.  It was bad...and LOUD!)

Then it was finally time for his cake.  He wasted no time devouring it.  I'd say he got his mama's sweet tooth.



After he pretty much finished the entire cake, I took it away.  He made it very clear that he was not finished with it yet.  He. Was. Angry!! 


Bu,t in true Lukas fashion, he was back to my happy baby boy in no time at all and ready for the clean up crew!
We had a wonderful afternoon.  Thanks to everyone that came to make his day so special.  And a special thank you to Tim, Carrie, and Cole!  They get the prize for traveling the furthest, all the way from New Jersey. 

 Hard to believe (happy and sad) that we just celebrated our last 1st birthday.  But, looking forward to many other celebrations in the years to come.  Happy Birthday Lukas John! 

0 comments: