Today my baby boy is one! My last baby.
Here is a little bit about Luke at age one. Mostly so I can always, always remember...
*He may be little (we sometimes call him Little Lu), but he is packed with personality!
*Luke is nearly always happy. He giggles and smiles big toothy smiles and scrunches his nose at me. Exactly what I needed the third time around.
*His eyes are so incredibly blue. The exact perfect color of blue, in fact. They remind me so much of my Grandpa LeSage. I love that.
*He has quite a temper. Right now it makes me smile; and is, dare I say, "cute". I wonder how long I will feel that way about it? Luckily he gets over things about as quickly as he becomes angry with them.
*He is into EVERYTHING! It must be a boy thing! As soon as he started walking, my life was forever changed. He has found a whole world of trouble to get into.
*Speaking of trouble, his favorite "bad boy" moves are: playing in the toilet, eating dog food, and emptying out cabinets (it is not uncommon to find a can of cream of mushroom soup in the shower around here).
*When he is about to do something he knows he shouldn't do, he shakes his head and says "no, no, no" first (but then does it anyway).
*Luke is not interested in T.V. Whatsoever.
*One of his favorite activities is kicking a ball around. I really need to video this, I just love it when he does it. In fact, I would say a ball is his favorite toy.
*He also spends a lot of time at the workbench Ben got for Christmas - hammering, drilling, and measuring.
*He loves playing peek-a-boo, clapping, and dancing with his guitar.
*He goes every where as fast as he can. When he falls he says "uh-oh", then gets back up and continues full speed ahead.
*A common evening activity around here is "rough-housing" with Daddy. Luke always wants to be a part of it even though he is way too small.
*He picks on Ben about as much as Ben picks on him. And, he loves to tattle when Ben has taken a toy away from him. I see this being a headache of mine for many years to come.
*Luke LOVES to eat. He eats whatever we eat and I can't tell exactly what his favorite food is because he eats everything I give him with the same enthusiasm. He often eats just as much, or more, than Kate and Ben.
*This kid is a snuggler! He gives the best hugs...tight, tight, tight around my neck. I'm pretty sure that is the best feeling ever. And kisses, well you better be careful - you just never know when one is coming!
Tomorrow we will celebrate. Today, I will snuggle him and enjoy him all to myself.

0 comments:
Post a Comment