Monday, July 1, 2013

June

June flew right by.  We've been taking advantage of all summer has to offer.  Here is a re-cap of what we've been up to...
We are blessed to have great "neighbors" around the corner from us. It's always a wild time when all 11 of these kiddos get together (yes, I realize 4 of them are missing from this picture). 

We met up with Betsy & Cara at the spray park in Bloomington.  Old friends are the best!  I miss these girls and their kiddos so, so much!  Whenever we see them, it's like we've never been apart. 
 

These buddies (and their awesome mamas) have been our partners in crime so far this summer...picnic lunches, hitting up every park in town, swimming, library time...we've been busy!  If only there were a girl for Kate!  This particular night was fun, fun, fun...swimming until the sun goes down, lightning bugs, DQ treats, staying up WAY past bedtime.  It's what summer is all about!

Kate and Ben did a week of VBS this month.  They both LOVED it!  It was so fun to hear their enthusiastic stories each afternoon.  But what I loved most was the alone time I got with Luke.  It  made me realize I've never done anything with Luke all by himself.  Being able to focus on him alone was the best!  This kid is hilarious!
 

 Uncle Matt came for a visit.  It was great to have him home.  We miss him so much!  The kids just can't get enough of him when he's around.  The whole Maurer crew did a Cornbelters game together.  Then we got him all to ourselves for a lake day before he headed back to Florida.
 
 
 

We celebrated the 4th of July a few days early last weekend.  My kids couldn't have cared less about the "party".  Instead, there were 5 kittens in the shed that kept them occupied all night.  The poor sweet things got lots of "love" that night.  I have to admit, a baby kitten is kind of hard to resist and they make pretty good babysitters too!  I knew exactly where my kids were the whole night.
 
 
 
Here are just a few more snapshots from our month of June. I love summer!
 
 
 
 


0 comments: