My kids are funny little people (at least to me). They make me laugh and I want to remember some of the things they say. I've been compiling this list for awhile now, adding to it here and there. It's getting pretty long, but I thought I would document it here...just for my own memory.
Ben (age 3) after watching the "Elf Yourself" video I made of the three kids: "I don't even remember doing that dance!" Kate was literally rolling on the floor laughing as she watched the video.
Kate (age 5): When I grow up I'm going to marry Ben.
Me: You can't marry Ben, he's your brother. You can't marry someone in your family.
Kate: What!! You want me to marry a stranger!!
Ben (age 3) after listening to a radio interview of Drew on our local radio station: It's over?
Me: Yes, did you want to listen to more?
Ben: No, but he didn't even sing yet.
Me: Why did you think Daddy was going to sing?
Ben: Because that's all you ever listen to on the radio. People singing!
Luke (almost 2) gets out of bed at least 10 times a night. Recently, we put a child lock on the doorknob inside of his bedroom to keep him in. He hates it. In fact, he hates it so much he will stay in bed just to keep me from shutting the door and "locking" him in. So it works! Anyway, the locks came in a pack of 3. I only needed 1, so I put the other 2 on the shelf in his closet. The other day Kate & Ben were after a box on the same shelf and ended up knocking several things to the ground. I came into the room to see what the noise was, just as Luke was suspiciously running out with something behind his back. Later that day I found the extra 2 door knob covers in the bathroom garbage. Little Sneaky was taking care of business.
Kate (age 5): When I grow up, I want to be a waitress at a Mexican restaurant.
Kate (age 5): What kind of boys do you think are cute Mom?
Me: Kate, I'm not having this conversation with you. You are too young to be thinking about boys.
Kate: (Obviously ignoring me)...Well I like boys that are missing some of their hair, like right here (she points to the back/top of her head).
Me: So, you like bald men???
Kate: Ya! Those!!
Ben (age 3): Ughhh (big sigh), darn it!
Me: What's wrong?
Ben: I wish I were an octopus. Then I'd have all the hands I need to carry all my Transformers AND my minkie.
Ben (age 3): Whining because he has to take a nap and his flat minkie (one of the 3 blankets he sleeps with) is in the basement and I won't let him go get it.: "Oh man, I wish I were a robot!"
Me: "Why a robot?"
Ben: "So I could use my super long arms to reach downstairs and get it."
Ben talks from the side of his mouth. Especially when he is explaining something or telling one of his wild, made up stories about his "father" or "grandfather". I love it. And, it is so funny! I've tried numerous times to get it on video, but he becomes self -conscious as soon as the camera is on and stops talking. I'm determined to capture it though. It reminds me of a story my friend Darci, that I used to teach with at Dee-Mack, told me about her son. She was in the process of converting her old VHS home videos to DVD, so she was spending a lot of time watching her kids when they were little. She said she was surprised to find that her son had the same facial expressions and mannerisms when he talked now, at age 16, as he did when he was a toddler. Makes me wonder if Ben will be 16 and twisting his mouth all to the side when he talks...I kind of hope so (although maybe not so dramatically).
On the last day of volunteering in Kate's Kindergarten classroom, Kate left to use the restroom about 5 minutes before I was supposed to leave. After I said my good-byes to her classmates, I noticed Kate wasn't back yet. On my way out I thought I'd stop by the restroom, check on her to make sure she was OK, and tell her good-bye. As I headed toward the restroom I could hear talking in there, so I figured she ran into a friend and got distracted. As I turned the corner into the restroom I could hear (very loudly now)..."the sun'll come out, tomorrow..". Her voice was echoing through the mostly tile and granite bathroom and she's just standing there singing Annie tunes. That girl...
Currently Ben (age 4) ends everything he says with "right?" and Luke (age 2) ends everything he says with "K?". Every. Single. Time.
Ben (age 4) as I'm drying him off after his bath, "Mom, I like you better than Transformers." ...Might be one of the best compliments I've ever received.
Luke (age 2) as Dad is cleaning off his face with a wet rag after dinner: "Too hot! Too hot!"
Dad: "It isn't hot, it is warm.:
Luke: "OK! Too warm! Too warm!"
Ben (age 4) when asked how he likes VBS: "All that Jesus work makes my head hurt!"
Sunday, June 30, 2013
Goebel Funnies
Posted by Amanda at 4:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment