Monday, October 10, 2011

Homecoming

Last Friday was Eureka's Homecoming and Kate's class had a float in the parade.  A couple of weeks ago she came home from school talking a mile a minute about being in the parade.  This girl was EXCITED!  I read the note from her teacher and the students were invited to ride on the float, but they needed a parent to be with them and no siblings were allowed.  This was a little bit of a problem for me since Drew works out of town now.  Trying not to kill her excitement, I carefully gave her some really good reasons as to why she would maybe want to watch the parade instead of be in it.  I told her she probably wouldn't get any candy to take home and she'd miss seeing the band and fire trucks.  Her reply...."All of that is OK Mom.  I might not get a chance like this again!"  For fear of ruining her only chance of ever being in a parade, I talked Aunt Jenn into watching the boys so Kate and I could ride on her school's float.  It was a beautiful afternoon, the experience lived up to Kate's every expectation, and Ben collected enough candy for our whole neighborhood.  And to top it off, Aunt Jenn took pictures of it all!

Here we are, headed to the parade.


My blue-eyed baby boy.

Ben watching for his sissy and mommy!  He got to sit with Susan, our old sitter and one of our favorite Eureka people!

The Eureka Community Nursery School float!
 
 

0 comments: