Sunday, September 7, 2014

Goebel Funnies (Part 2)

Awhile back I posted some of the funny things my kids say & do.  Well, they are still at it!  So I had to start another list...just for my own memory.

In July (2013), we decided to take the kids to a movie.  It was a disaster from start to finish!  Ben spilled Sprite on me, soaking me through to my underwear within 5 minutes of sitting down.  Luke could. not. sit. still.  At one point he had his shoe off licking the bottom of it.  (Eww! But most importantly, why?!!).  About halfway through the movie, I looked over at Kate and she was on her hands and knees on the floor under her seat.  I got her back in her seat only to find out she pulled a tooth, then managed to drop it on the floor.  Ben talks very loudly.  We found movie theaters are no exception.  The movie was about pirates; Ben laughed and giggled and loudly repeated the word 'booty' every time it was mentioned in the movie.  I ended up taking Luke home before the movie was over.  When the lights came back on, Drew looked for Kate's tooth.  He said all the popcorn the kids had dropped on the floor looked just like tiny teeth.  Good thing the Tooth Fairy is a professional, we told her where she could find it.  Lesson learned:  the Goebels are not yet ready for a trip to the movie theater!  Not funny at the time, but funny looking back on it.

We were driving around town and Ben (age 4) says: "I guess everyone likes Captain America like we do".  
Me: "Why do you think that?"  (besides, I didn't even know we were Captain America fans)
Ben: "Because they all got the flags in their yards." (refering to American flags)
Me:  "Why do you think people put those flags in their yard?"
Ben:  "Because they live here!  In the United States of Captain America!

Right now on our mantle sets a bottle of "sick juice" made by Ben (age 4).  It is a concoction of water, soap, sticks & grass.  It was made for our family's safety and must set on the mantle so we can get to it quickly.  The point of the "sick juice" is that if someone breaks into our house to steal something, we quickly grab the sick juice and make the person drink it.  It will automatically make him sick and he will have to leave.  Hooray for Ben for thinking up this marvelous home security technique, we definitely feel safer!

Kate (age 6) comes down the stairs holding a baggie of a couple dollars and some change.  She says, "Mom, I got a problem.  Well its not really a problem, you can't have a problem with money, unless you don't have enough, which is kinda my problem."  Oh KatieBug, you make me laugh!  


Ben, Luke, and I were waiting to pick up Kate from school after fun day of meeting friends and running some errands in Bloomington. Before Kate got in the car I told Ben to not say anything to Kate about what we did all day.  He agrees.  Kate has been sitting in the car no longer than 30 seconds when Ben says, "Don't worry, Kate, we didn't do anything fun today.  We didn't go to Bloomington or McDonalds or play at a park with friends. And we didn't go through a car wash either. We didn't do anything fun without you."  Luckily Kate simple says, "OK".

Ben (age 4): "I think Kacy is cute.  Does she wear diapers or underwear?"
Me:  "She wears underwear."
Ben: "Yep, I think Kacy is cute!"

I came down the stairs after putting laundry away to find Luke (age 2) sitting in the recliner, watching a cartoon and holding the entire bag of chocolate candy.
Me: Oh, no Luke!  Are you eating chocolate?!
Luke: I am!
Me: How many have you eaten??
Luke: six, seven, eight, nine, ten!

Luke (age 2) has a dinner prayer that he says nearly every night.  It goes like this: "Thank you for campers.  Thank you for the country club.  Amen."

Kate (age 6):  "I think I'm a good enough singer now that I can start adding dance moves.  Of course, I will only use really fancy dance moves."

I've resorted to bribing Luke (2) with chocolate to use the potty.   After a getting a piece of chocolate I hear Ben (4) telling him, "You want more chocolate, Luke?  Here's what you do.  You say I gotta potty, you sit on the potty and get chocolate.  Then say I gotta potty, you sit on the potty, you get chocolate.  Then say, I gotta potty, sit on the potty and get more chocolate!!".

Kate (age 6):  For my birthday I want to have Addie spend the night again.
Me:  OK
Kate: And Charlie
Me:  Charlie Adams??  (the 3 year old neighbor boy)
Kate: No!!!  Aunt Jenny's dog!!

Every morning I drop Kate and Ben off for school and they go racing up the sidewalk to the building together.  They struggle to get the big, heavy door open, then slip away inside.  Even though he isn't tall enough to actually see out of the window on the door, Ben reaches up and waves one last "good-bye".  That's all I can see..the big brown door shut tight and only his little hand waving through the window. It makes me ridiculously happy.

Ben (age 4) is getting excited for his field trip tomorrow. 
Kate: I went on field trip when I was in pre-school.  We went to Pizza Hut and made our own pizzas!
Ben: We aren't going to Pizza Hut.  We are going to the nursing home to look at the old people.

Kate (age 6): If you whine a lot you will get your way.
Mono:  That's not true!  Where did you come up with that?
Kate:  Well Moses did it.  He kept saying 'Let my people go' over and over until it worked!

Luke (age 3) is playing the game Memory on the iPad as we are trying to get out the door.  After being asked for the 2nd time to put the game down and get his shoes he says, "Shhhhhh!  I'm concentrating."

Kate (age 7) is gazing lovingly into her "Just like Me" American Girl Doll's eyes and says:  Mom, do you think we could make a law where every one has to have my color hair?  And blue eyes just like mine?
Me:  I think someone tried that once and it didn't work out very well. 

Luke (age 3) is always telling us he loves us.  It is out of the blue, and it makes me so happy.  The best part is he always has to add in exactly how much he loves me.  My favorite is, "Mom, I love you to Florida."

Luke (age 3) was putting on a shirt that said Florida on it.  He says, "It feels like Florida outside!"
Me: "It sure does!  But what really awesome thing does Florida have that we don't?"
Luke: "Uncle Matt"
I was thinking the beach, but I guess Uncle Matt works too!

0 comments: