Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April

April was a full month for us.  I've posted about Ben's birthday, but we had a lot going on before and after that!
Ben planned an April Fool's Day joke.  He wanted to trick everyone and make them think he grew a mustache.  We sent out quite a few pictures of Ben and his mustache, he loved getting the responses from everyone and hearing how badly he had tricked them. 


Ben and I thought we'd try to get a head start on the garden this year.  One afternoon we made little pots out of newspaper and planted several vegetable seeds.  It was a fun way to pass an afternoon with my little guy, and to my surprise all of the seeds sprouted!  Now we'll just have to see if they survive the transplant to the garden in a couple of weeks.
 
 

Kate and I took a fun girl's trip up to Chicago with Kate's friend Lilah and her mom Steph.  Both Lilah and Kate have birthdays just a couple of weeks apart.  As their birthday gift we took them up to the American Girl Store in Chicago on the train and let them pick out a doll.  It was a great experience.  None of us had ridden a train before!  I loved this day! 
 
 
 
 

We colored eggs for Easter.  I think we broke about 50% of the eggs we colored.  That's totally normal, right???  (Ben is looking over my shoulder as I type this.  He says, "There's the day we cracked eggs!  We are cracking machines alright!".  ...Maybe next year I need to do a better job of explaining how this should be done). 

We celebrated Easter in Gridley and attended First United for Easter services.  Every holiday we spend in Gridley we are soaking in as our last.  
 

After church the kids did an egg hunt.  It ended with the ultimate Easter gift from Aunt Jenn!!
 
 
 

We spent Easter afternoon on the porch swing, just as we have countless times before.  It is hard thinking mom and dad won't be in this house much longer, but so thankful for the years we had there.  
  

Some of Kate's artwork was put on exhibit during the school district's annual art fair.  We are so proud of Kate.  She has a gift in art and it is exciting that others are noticing too!
 

The week after Easter we met up in Shelbyville for our annual Greek "Easter" Dinner.  It is a treat we look forward to every year.  The kids enjoyed another egg hunt.  
 
 
 

It was an absolutely beautiful day, and we spent it all outside!  The kids did lots of hiking in the woods.  Then that night we stayed up way late looking for the noisy tree frogs with a flashlight.  It was a good day. 

The weather is finally warming up!  Kate and Ben have both started practicing for their softball/t-ball seasons.  School is starting to wind down with notices about field trips and parent nights.  I'm so excited for summer!  

0 comments: