Saturday, February 1, 2014

Monster Jam!

My boys have an extraordinary fascination with monster trucks.  I'm not even sure how it all started, but it's true.  My floors always scattered with monster trucks and I find them in the oddest places:  the kitchen cabinets, the dryer, the drawers of the refrigerator.  Last summer we went to the Farmer City races to see a monster truck, as in one truck.  It was just a taste of the fun, we HAD to see more.  When I heard Monster Jam was coming to the Peoria Civic Center again, I couldn't wait to surprise the boys!  Today was the day; the day we've been anticipating: MONSTER JAM!!

The weather was not good...at all.  We counted the cars we passed in the ditch as we slowly inched our way to Peoria.  We made is safely and in plenty of time for the Pit Party.  We stomped in the dirt and saw each truck and driver up close.  It was a lot for my little guys to take in.

 

(Oh, I forgot to mention our neighbors happened to buy tickets for the same show.  So we caravan-ed over with them, stopped for lunch, and then pit partied together for awhile.) 

We had a bit of a wait between the pit party and the start of the show.  We got a little restless and were running into nap-time.  But it was worth the wait. 
 
 

When it finally started it was loud; like way, way louder than I even expected.  That first truck really caught poor Luke off guard.  He was scared!  I felt bad for the poor buddy; he had been looking forward to this for so long!  Eventually he got a hold of himself and really enjoyed the show.  The boys were clapping and cheering, I loved it!  I think the mohawk truck was a family favorite. 

 

We didn't realize that motocross was a part of the show too.  About halfway through, they brought out a huge ramp and the motorcycles.  Talk about thrilling!  The stunts these guys did were amazing.  Ben and Luke were in awe (so was I).  I think I see a new obsession in our future!  What a fun day with my boys. 
 
 




0 comments: