Friday, January 31, 2014

January 2014

Things have been slow around here.  And cold.  Really, really cold; like colder than it has been in decades.  I think the kids have been home more than they have been in school this month.  I love having everyone home, but not being able to get out of the house can definitely make for some long days.  We've been heading up to the junior high to burn off some energy.  Other than that we've been hanging out, watching way too much Netflix, and holding out hope for some warmer weather.  Here are just a few of the random pictures from our month of January.

 
 
 
 
 

We had our nephew Nathan with us one weekend.  Drew took him hunting.  He is a great kid, it was fun to spend some one on one time with him and get to know him better.  His excitement for hunting is incredible!

Some of our favorite Eureka people (and their mamas!) came to visit us on our Martin Luther King day.  Whenever I see Betsy and Cara, it makes me homesick for Eureka all over again.  I love that when we see each other it's like we haven't missed a beat. 

As much as I miss my Eureka girls, I'm so thankful for these girls in my neighborhood.  Every now and then we can put the kids to bed, then walk to someone's house for a little downtime.  It happens SO much more often in the summer though, just another reason why it needs to warm up!

 Ben started basketball at the Y and Drew is helping to coach his team.  So far, Ben loves it and I love to watch him out there chasing the ball around. 
 


That about wraps up our January, nothing too exciting!  But, birthday season is right around the corner, and we have an exciting event planned with the boys tomorrow.  I'm ready for some action!

0 comments: