Last Wednesday was a day that Ben couldn't have planned any better if he tried. He went on his first field trip ever, and the most exciting part about that was riding a school bus for the first time! He spent an afternoon with Grammy, then went to the fire truck parade. Ben had been anticipating this day for a over a week.
The night before his field trip, Ben had trouble falling asleep. It was just too exciting! That morning, as I was walking him up to the school building, he asked me to carry him. This is very unlike my boy Ben! When I asked him what was wrong he said he was nervous about riding the school bus for the first time. Bless his heart. There wasn't enough room for parents on the bus, so I met his class at the pumpkin patch. Ben was all smiles when I found him. Turns out riding the bus is "awesome"!
I spent a beautiful fall morning at the pumpkin patch with Ben and his pre-school class. It was perfect. I was alone with Ben. He wanted to hold my hand. I got to talk to him without being interrupted. It is days like this that make me so incredibly thankful that I get to stay home with my kids.
That evening was the much anticipated fire truck parade that Clinton hosts as a part of Fire Prevention Month. We met up with a group of friends and hung out on the side of the road until it was dark enough for the parade to start.
After the parade we headed up to the Square to check out the trucks up close and personal. What a fun night. My boys' dream come true!















0 comments:
Post a Comment