Where has November gone? It seems it has just slipped by and disappeared. It was a
busy month. I celebrated another birthday and went on my annual
Christmas shopping trip. Drew was hired as the Clinton Jr. High
Principal for next school year!! We gathered with family for
Thanksgiving and decorated our house for our first Christmas in
Clinton. (Well, I guess it is our second First Christmas in Clinton).
My lack of pictures and documentation for all of our November events is
because Blogger has been giving me problems and all three of the kids
were sick at some point this month so I haven't had time to mess with it. And, I've
been in between cameras (but not anymore!!). So, here's what I
have....a review of our November.
First of all, I
know this isn't November news, but I couldn't pass up on some
Halloween fun that I didn't share earlier.
It was fun bringing up all of our Christmas bins and sorting through things. Kate and Ben were so over the top with excitement and Luke mimicked every thing they did. One of our favorite Christmas "toys" is the kids' Nativity. I loved watching them find it and play together forever without any fighting!
If you spend anytime watching Disney Jr. at all, you know all about the big premiere of Sofia the First. We've been looking forward to it for weeks. For the big event, we ordered pizza and had a viewing party with our neighbors. It was a really cute movie/show, and I'm glad it lived up to the hype. The kids were glued to it. The girls even dressed poor Jack up for it.
We celebrated Thanksgiving Day with Drew's family in Shelbyville. It was a nice, relaxing day. I love it that the kids are old enough to eat on their own and play with each other. It makes my day so much easier and more enjoyable.
Luke woke up from his nap on Thanksgiving Day feeling warm, and proceeded to get worse quickly. The next day we found out he had an ear infection in both ears and an eye infection. He ran a super high temp for almost 5 days, even ended up going back to the doctor for stronger antibiotics. All of this is why we missed Thanksgiving in Watseka. It was sad being home, knowing every one was there except us, but the day after Mom brought Thanksgiving to us and we had another celebration at our house.
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of us decorating our tree. I would need an extra arm to have taken any pictures. I think I said, "slow down...be careful...that will break" at least 100 times. They were digging through the ornaments and pulling out all their favorites faster than I could think. The kids were all excited, but Kate was especially. It makes me happy thinking about her enthusiasm that day. The poor tree is redecorated and rearranged on a daily (hourly) basis. It kind of leans to one side now, and I'm trying to ignore the clumps of ornaments right next to big empty patches of tree. My kiddos love it, and that's all that matters (I keep telling myself). Believe it or not, Christmastime is here!!


















0 comments:
Post a Comment