As we countdown to Christmas, our elf Krispy has been watching us. He is nowhere near as creative as the elves of our friends that we see on Facebook, but he still gets the job done. He finds a new spot almost every night. Once in awhile he forgets...I mean, he's too tired to fly all the way to the North Pole and back, so he keeps the same spot for an extra day.
For most of December so far, the weather has been unseasonable warm. Instead of playing in the snow, we've been out riding bikes, playing trucks, and taking strategically planned walks around the neighborhood to make sure we hit up all the constructions sites.
I hope it does snow at some point, but for now we are really enjoying the weather! Until it snows, I guess the boys will keep making their snow angels inside.
As part of our countdown to Christmas, we attended the Christmas parade and welcomed Santa to town. I think Luke waved to every single person in the parade. It was a beautiful day for a Christmas parade!
Later, we met Santa at CCC's kids' Christmas party. My kiddos were super impressed by their Mom (for once). Santa happened to be an old friend of mine and called me by name when we walked in the door. You should have seen Kate's eyes!
The kids were able to do slot car racing, get their faces painted, and run around with their friends. It was a really fun afternoon for us all.
Drew and I have managed to sneak in a few nights out recently. We had a little "Christmas Party" with our neighborhood friends. Unfortunately, my very best neighbor was sick and they couldn't make it. But, we managed to have a good time anyway. Lucky for us, we had the best cooks in town.
We also did a concert night with Drew's brothers. It has been a long, long time since I've stayed out that late, and I imagine it will be a long, long time before I do it again! Good times, though.
Then we went to CCC's adult Christmas party. Wow, three nights out in three weeks! Who are these people?!
Here are just a couple of odds and ends from the past couple of weeks. This is where I can typically find Luke on a fairly regular basis (and the reason why my cabinets are all a disaster).
This is what I get when I say, "boys, smile!"...
And finally, Kate snuggling with Jackie.
I can't wait to begin our annual Christmas travel tour! Tomorrow kicks off our first of many family Christmas gatherings. It is going to be a fun couple of weeks, there is even a family wedding thrown into the mix (and Kate's second flower-girl gig). Lots to look forward to!




















0 comments:
Post a Comment