I started working on this post quite awhile ago. Then Matt's wedding came up and it got put on the back burner (and then a little forgotten about). I wanted to finish it up because it is from an awesome weekend we had back in August with some awesome friends.
Our St. Louis Weekend started off at the zoo. It is one of my family's favorite summer activities and I'm so happy we shared it with friends this time. Despite getting rained on a couple of times throughout the day, we had an great time. We got a little wet, but at least the heat stayed away! As it seems we always do when we visit St. Louis Zoo, we closed the place down.
That night we ordered pizza, let the kids wrestle around on the beds a bit, and swam in the hotel pool. All the things necessary to make a hotel stay fun.
The next day we had planned to maybe visit Grant's Farm or the Arch, but the forecast called for even more rain. To avoid another wet day, we started heading for home. We made a stop at Scheels in Springfield. I think the kids were just as happy at Scheels as they were at the zoo.
Our first get away with the Goodrich Family was a success!



















0 comments:
Post a Comment