Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Birthday Girl

Kate had the birthday that never ends!  We had fun celebrating with her all week long.  It all started the Saturday before her birthday.  We had grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles over for a little party.  Kate wanted a "Barbie/Tangled/Princess Party".  She served princess fruit snacks (in addition to a few other things, we didn't serve only fruit snacks), she picked out some Tangled plates and napkins, and I made a Barbie cake. 
 
 
 
March 30th was her actual birthday.  Grammy was here to celebrate with us.  We sang Happy Birthday and blew out candles at every meal.  Kate got to pick her birthday dinner.  Her first choice was carrots...not cooked, celery and apple slices.  I talked her into something a little bit more filling and we went with her 2nd choice...chili-mac and cheese crisps. 



Then the Saturday after her birthday we had Addison and Caroline over for a tea party.  The girls all wore princess dresses.  For tea we served pink lemonade, cupcakes, and of course, princess fruit snacks. 

When I asked Kate what she wanted to do at her party she said make a craft.  So, we decorated princess tiaras. 
We have been to a couple of parties recently that had pinatas.  Kate wanted one for her birthday too.  She actually asked for it as a gift for her birthday.  I know she was slightly disappointed at her family birthday party when she didn't get a pinata.  But, we surprised her with one at her tea party.  We told her we had a surprise for her in the backyard.  When she stepped out the door she yelled "PINATA!!" and ran out to it, in her princess high heels and all.  It was cute!


This morning she asked me if we were going to celebrate her birthday for another week.  That would be fun, but I think it is Ben's turn for a little celebrating!

0 comments: