Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Stay at Home Mom!

Today was my last day of school and a day of lots of goodbyes. Goodbyes and change are not easy on this girl! I work with a wonderful group of girls and I'm SO going to miss them. But what was even harder on me was leaving our babysitter's house for the last time. Susan and her family are so special to us. I know the kids will miss her terribly. But, I'm ready and excited to stay home with my babies. It is something I've wanted to do since Kate was born. I'm so thankful that I have a husband who supports my decision and is as excited as I am to start this new chapter in our lives.

We are really anticipating Christmas morning at our house (that being mostly Drew and I). This is the first year Kate really "gets" the Santa thing and we are having so much fun with it.   Kate was so cute when we visited Santa. The first thing she said was "Oh Santa, I've been wanting to see you! I have a few things I need to tell you." She talked and talked to him. It was mostly about how she knows she's been a little bit naughty, but she's mostly good. Ben, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with sitting on Santa's lap. He clung to me. He didn't want me to get too far away from Kate and Santa though. I'm not sure if it was because he was interested in Santa just not brave enough to sit on his lap, or if it was because he was worried that I was leaving his sister with that crazy looking man!


We managed to find a day that was semi-warm enough for us to get outside and build a snowman. I think it took longer to get us all dressed than it did to actually build the snowman! It was no surprise that Kate decided the snowman would be a snow princess. She needed a necklace, a bracelet, a tiara, ruby red lips, and her name was Lucy Ruby. I had trouble coming up with something that would make ruby red lips. The best I could think of was red paint. That looked OK for about 10 minutes...then the paint ran and it looked like someone knocked her teeth out. The next morning we were driving in front of our house and Kate gasps from the backseat, "Oh my gosh, what happened to our snowman!" She does look pretty beat up! It makes me laugh every time I drive past our house.  At least we got a picture of Lucy Ruby before her "accident".  

I love this time of year. We travel all over the state and back, but I wouldn't want to miss a minute of it. I'm looking forward to the next few days and all of our Christmas adventures. Merry Christmas!

0 comments: