Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November

The month of November flew right by!  Here is what we've been up to...

I celebrated another birthday.  That same day we traded in our SUV for a mini-van.  It was a much harder transition that I had expected, but with baby #3 on his way I think it was inevitable.
Ben turned 19 months.  I've been meaning to post a Ben update since his 18 month doctor's appointment in October.  Then he was 32 inches tall (40 percentile) and weighed 25lbs 3 oz (45% percentile).   He is a loving little guy with lots of hugs and kisses.  He doesn't have much to say but he sure is active!  Although he has a small vocabulary, he likes to stick with his all time favorite word "dog" or "Jack".  We never miss a dog on TV or when we are driving around town.  Ben is always on the look-out for dogs.  In the morning when he wakes up he yells, not "mom" or "dad", but JACK!!! 
We traveled to Watseka then Shelbyville to spend time with family over the Thanksgiving holiday.  Both Ben and Kate did a little cooking.  And they were able to catch up and play with their cousins, something Kate always looks forward to.  
 

On our way home from Shelbyville we stopped by the Christmas tree farm we used to go to back in our Clinton days.  As we searched for our tree Kate was very concerned that Ben would get lost in the "woods" and we'd never find him again.  She kept a very tight hold on him and I think she was a little disgusted with me for not watching him closer.  What a good big sister!
 

It is hard to believe that it December is here!  The countdown to Christmas morning has begun for Kate.  And the countdown to my last day of work has begun for me.  They will both be here before we know it!

0 comments: