Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We were busy last week with lots of Halloween activities.  I went with Kate to the Fall Party at her school.  It was fun to see her interact with her teacher and I got to put faces with some of the names of her friends that I hear about at home.  We ate some snacks, sang some songs, listened to a Halloween story, made a craft, and played games!  It was so fun!



Later in the week we finally got around to carving our pumpkins.  Neither of the kids would touch the "guts".  And since they can't use a knife either, it ended up that Drew and I carved pumpkins while Kate gave LOTS of instructions and Ben just hung out.  Kind of typical around here...

Finally, Halloween night got here!  It was the moment Kate had been waiting for.  Eventually, I gave up on getting a picture where the two of them looked decent at the same time.  Kate dressed up as Snow White, and Ben was one of the Seven Dwarfs.  He started off as Grumpy, but once he ripped off his beard, he was satisfied with his costume and stayed Happy the rest of the night.  Ben quickly caught on to the candy concept, and even came up with his version of "trick or treat" when he got to each door.   Kate had a ball, she announced a couple of times throughout the night "I LOVE Halloween!".   
 

0 comments: