Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pretty in Pink

Last weekend we celebrated Kate's third birthday.  "All her friends" (a.k.a. grandparents, aunts and uncles) were there.  We should enjoy being "all her friends" for now, I'm guessing in just a short time that will all change!  As we started party planning, Kate decided she wanted to have a Pink Princess Party.  She wanted everything to be pink.  She even wanted everyone who came to her party to wear pink.  Good thing "all her friends" are good sports, everyone showed up wearing some sort of pink!


Even Jackie wore pink!

Even though the only gift Kate asked for was My Little Pony fruit snacks, she had a mound of presents bigger than Christmas morning. As you can probably guess, everything she got was some shade of pink.  And, we now have a year's supply of fruit snacks!
 

Probably one of her favorite gifts was from her Uncle Matt, a fish.  Kate named him the most creative name she has come up with thus far, Mr. Fish.  (She usually names things what they are...her turtle is Turtle, her baby is Baby.  So adding the Mr. to Fish is quite exciting!  I guess it comes naturally, my two childhood stuffed animals were Bear and Lamb.)  Kate has some interesting conversations with Mr. Fish.  She scoots a chair up to the counter and talks to him.  His responses are always in a high pitched, squeaky voice.  Like when she feeds him, he flaps his fins and says "Thank you Katie".  I love listening to her talk to Mr. Fish.

What a fun day!  I can't believe my baby is three!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Hilarous! Love the pink family photo!

emily zeller said...

I LOVE her birthday outfit Amanda! So darling!!! She's s sweetie!