Monday, April 26, 2010

A list, so I don't forget

Last week I took Ben to his 12 month check up.  He is 29 1/2 inches long and in the 50th percentile for height.  He weighs 21 pounds 11 ounces and is in the 45th percentile for his weight.  He is a happy, healthy, little boy!  As I was driving him to his appointment I was reflecting on all the fun things he doing right now.  I decided to write them down.  These are things I don't want to forget!  So here it is, a few things about Ben at one year---


*Every morning Ben gets up around 4:30/5:00 for a little snack.  When I get him from his crib he gives me a tight hug around my neck.  I feel like he is saying, "Thanks Mom, I know mornings aren't your thing".
*Ben gives the best kisses - big, open mouthed, slobbery kisses.  They are even better when given unexpectedly!
*Within just few days Ben has gone from having no interest in walking to being a full-fledged walker!  His shuffle step just cracks me up.  He gets so proud of himself, too.  He is trying to get really fancy now by turning around and standing up from a sitting position.  Watch out world, Ben is on the move!
*This kid hasn't met a a food he doesn't like.  And, he never seems to get full.  Some of his latest favorites: bananas, yogurt, strawberries, turkey, cheerios, cheerios and more cheerios. 
*We've been practicing the sippy cup for awhile now.  He just wasn't seeming to catch on.  The other day he came across Kate's sippy cup of apple juice.  Suddenly the boy was a sippy cup pro - I guess it wasn't the cup he didn't like, it was what was inside the cup that he had a problem with.   
*Ben is a bit of a Mama's boy (and I love it).
*His first word was dog.  Pronounced duh.  Now we always know when Jackie enters the room.  (His only other words...Mama and just the other night he added Dad to his vocabulary.)
*Ben sucks his thumb when he is tired.  He has a little blister on the top of his thumb where it rubs on his two bottom teeth.
*He has no interest in T.V., or toys for that matter.  Instead he is always on the move, exploring, putting things in his mouth and clearing out cabinets and drawers.
*Ben gets so excited when it is bath time.  As soon as he hears the water running he can't get to the bathroom fast enough.  Just last week he climbed over the edge and got in still fully clothed!
* He has learned that pointing at things and saying "Uh, uh, uh", gets him what he wants.  Usually it is the box of Cheerios.
*Ben is a daredevil.  Pushing him higher and higher on the swing only makes him laugh harder and harder.  He hasn't met an obstacle he couldn't climb over, under or through.  He manages to get himself "stuck" in the most precarious positions. 

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love your list...thanks for sharing! Blogs are the best...even if no one reads mine...I can go back and read it and remember moments like you have on your list.

Wendy Smith said...

Love it! I can't wait for all of those moments! :)