Sunday, February 21, 2010

Water Babies

We started winter by telling Kate that when it snows, we'd go to a "water park".  Well, it kept snowing and Kate kept reminding us, but we just never got it scheduled.  Finally, we made it to the water park (so now it can stop snowing!).
The kiddie area was perfect for Kate.  Even though the deepest the water got in this area was 8 inches, Kate insisted on wearing her swimming suit with the floaties in it....you never can be too safe, right?  The majority of our Saturday was spent watching Kate do the same two slides over, and over, and over again (kind of like this afternoon and this one too).  Once in awhile Ben got in the water to splash around, but he was mostly satisfied to sit and watch everything that was going on from the comfort of his mommy's lap. 
The kiddie area had a GIANT bucket that slowly filled, to the point of tipping and dumping hundreds of gallons of water on the playground below.  Kate didn't like the idea of being drenched by a surprise attack so she kept a very close eye on this bucket.  Once she saw it starting to tip she stayed back until the downpour was over.  She was always so proud of herself.  Almost each time she'd run up and tell me "I tricked that big bucket, again!" 
Ben and I spent quite a bit of time floating on the lazy river.  I think we both could have floated all day.  Ben even took his morning nap on the lazy river.


My favorite Kate-quotes from our weekend-

"When I get older I do the pink slide.  I too young right now.  I so young and tiny."  (She's talking about the slide she was wasn't tall enough to ride.)

She wakes up from her nap and the first words out of her mouth (she's talking about a movie Drew had on the t.v.): "Them drivin' crazy!  Like my daddy!"

This is in reference to an older woman we passed in the hotel hallway as we were coming back from dinner: "Look Mom!  She got boobs...like you!!"

1 comments:

emily zeller said...

Hilarious Amanda..I especially love the "quotes" by Kate! So sweet... I think that was a fab. idea--waterpark! I love it!