Friday afternoon I took Kate (and Ben) to meet Drew at the Eureka High School FFA Petting Zoo. Kate knows all her animals and their sounds so I thought she'd absolutely love it. She was particularly excited about seeing the "horsey". As we walked to the "zoo" she would talk about the horse we were about to see, then stop, jump, and yell "Yay!". Needless to say, it took quite awhile for us to walk there. Once we arrived Kate was quite timid. I'm not sure if it was the animals or all the grade school kids that were also visiting the zoo that intimidated her most. Either way, I think she still enjoyed herself.
Zoo is also a word that could be used to describe life at our house. We are all still adjusting, I am still tired, and Kate is still needing LOTS of attention. Luckily, Grammy visited this week. That means I didn't cook once all week, I changed a few less diapers, and Kate got some extra lovin'!
I have found that finding ways to let Kate "help" cuts down some on her neediness. (It also makes things take twice as long as they normally do.) She did lots of cooking this week, helping Grammy in the kitchen. They even made me my favorite, banana cream pie!
Kate is still dressing up whenever she can. Here she is dressing like Daddy.
Ben is starting to be alert a little more during the day. He is opening his eyes so much more this week than he did last week.
He's such a sweet baby. I can't believe he's mine!!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
It's a Zoo!!!
Posted by Amanda at 10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I cannot wait to meet him. I love you guys very very much!
"Helpimg cuts down on the neediness" I'll remember that! Thanks Amanda!!
Post a Comment