We are on night #4 of Kate in her "big girl bed"!! No crying, just right to sleep for the whole night. (I hope don't jinx myself.)
A couple months ago Katie started climbing out of her crib. I figured with the baby coming it was a good time to transition her, so we turned her crib into a toddler bed. She wanted absolutely no part of a toddler bed! She couldn't fall asleep, she was up several times a night begging to be rocked, and in the morning we would find her on the floor in front of her door. For my own sanity we put the crib back up. She never climbed out again (maybe she thought the toddler bed was a punishment) and I got my full night's sleep back. When we moved, we put a twin bed up in her room along with the crib. Last Friday night I put her in it just to see what she would do -- she was fine with it! The next night I asked her if she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed or the crib & she pointed to the bed! Is it possible we made the transition that easily?? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Sweet dreams my baby girl...
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sleeping Beauty
Posted by Amanda at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome!! I'm so glad that you were able to get her in the "big girl" bed.
Seriously, who'd have thought it would be such a challenge? Glad she's doing well with it!
Post a Comment