It has been a long time since my last post! We are moved in to our new house and finally have Internet access again!! That was my big excuse for the lack of posts the last few months. But, after our "Girl's Night" last night I've been inspired to update more often. So this post is for you, Kristy!
We moved two weeks ago and we've done a ton of work in that time (I really shouldn't say "we", Drew and our dads have done a ton of work - I've done a lot of watching). Our biggest project was taking down the wall between the kitchen and living room.
Before:
Coming Down: 
After: (I took this picture at night so it looks a little dark.)
All the painting is done, the new carpet and counter top are in, and things are (mostly) put away. It is starting to feel like home. We still have to get Kate's "big girl" room and the nursery ready. Then, maybe I can finally relax and love on my little girl before the new baby gets here.
Updating this blog has made me realize that I've been doing a terrible job of taking pictures of Kate lately. I really need to get better, she's growing and changing too quickly! Here are just a couple...
I wanted to get a picture of Kate in her cute Valentine's Day outfit from Grammy. She insisted on posing with the snowman though. I couldn't get one of just her. 
Right after we closed on our house we had our first dinner in our new home - Subway sandwiches. The house was completely empty, so we had to sit on the counters to eat. Kate thought that was pretty special. 
Kate has a come down with a bad case of Cabin Fever. She has been dying to get outside. We bundle her up now and then and let her push her baby around in the stroller until her little cheeks are bright red from the cold. She is never ready to come back in and it is a huge tantrum every time. She tries to be sneaky too and come up with clever ways to get out. When we take Jack out to go potty Kate will try to run out the door right behind her saying "I potty too". Today was finally sunny and warm enough to spend some time outside. Katie wore the Easter bonnet Grammy gave her the whole time. 
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Catching Up!
Posted by Amanda at 5:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah!! Enjoyed seeing your new post. Love the finished project..can't wait to see it!I had fun at dinner.. good to see you!
Wow, the house looks awesome! I can't believe how quickly you got everything put together. How is the nursery coming along?? Do you have and ETA on your baby boy?? We are excited to hear the news!
Thanks for the post...I do love reading and seeing all the adorable pictures of Kate!
Post a Comment