Friday, March 28, 2014

March

I haven't been very good about posting in March.  We have lots of exciting things to share though...we just got back from an awesome spring break visit to Grammy & Papa's in Florida and Kate's 7th birthday in right around the corner.  But for now, I have a few odds & ends from our month of March. 

Ben brought home an "All About Me" bag from school.  He had to fill out some important information about himself and include a few of his favorites from home to share with his class.  Ben was pretty proud of his first homework assignment ever!  It just so happened that the day he shared his bag with his class was also the day I was volunteering.  I am over the top proud of my boy.  He stood in front of his class and spoke with such confidence.  I'm so happy I was able to be a part of his special day. 

 

Ben wrapped up his basketball season this month.  He improved drastically over the course of the season and he loved every minute of it. 
 
 
 

This is typically how we see Luke. He is never far from one of his guns.  All day long he walks around with his holster and gun on his hip.  At nap time he puts them under his bed.  Cracks me up how much this boy loves his guns. 

I remember making my own pizza as a kid.  I think our first pizza night was a huge success!  It was quite a process, but a fun way to pass a cold night. 
  

We are waiting (and waiting and waiting) for Spring to arrive.  She is taking her own sweet time getting here, but we did find one semi-warm day that we were able to get outside and enjoy some fresh air.  
 
 
The kids have been looking forward to seeing the new Lego movie.  We don't have a good history with trips to the movie theater, but thought we'd give it another try.  This time was perfect!  We had the whole theater to ourselves. Turns out we can handle sitting through an entire movie...as long as we can talk and walk around occasionally. 

All of three of the kids are back in swimming lessons.  Kate has been dying to try the new climbing wall.  She finally got her chance!  I couldn't believe how high she made it on her very first try.  I didn't get a picture at her highest.  She said the scariest part is when she got up toward the top and looked down...that's a long fall!  She told me she said to herself, "this isn't going to be good!".  She did it though.

Kate celebrated her birthday at school the day before Spring Break.  She's had an idea for the treat she wanted to share for quite some time...who needs a KitKat when you can have a KitKatie?!  My girl is so clever!

0 comments: