Monday, September 2, 2013

Last Call For Summer

During our month of August we managed to squeeze in many of our favorites.  We took at trip to the children's museum with Aunt Jenn.  (And we seriously tricked Mono & Grammy with the picture of Kate on crutches.  It was unintentional, but Kate and I had a good laugh about it).

 
 
We did one last lake day with Grammy & Papa.  Tubing, swimming, and fishing.  Good food and good company.  The kids, especially Ben, talk about Grammy's Lake all of the time.  I'm happy they will have fond memories of growing up with Lake Shelbyville just like their Daddy does.  
 
 
 
 
 

We also did a backyard camp-out at Mono & Papa's house.  Sometimes pictures show a false sense of reality.  Here the pictures show smiles and s'mores and leave the tears and tempers hidden.  That's OK too, because overall it was a fun night!
 
 
 
 

Here are a few snapshots from the in-between moments...

We went to Springfield with our cousins to watch Peter Pan.  This is an event Ben had been looking forward to the entire summer!
 
Kate dressed up for Rock Star Day at school.
 
Kate's new haircut!
 
Luke's favorite day of the week, laundry day!!  I throw all the laundry over the upstairs railing and bury Luke.  It happens each and every week.  It's my favorite part of laundry day!
 

Although it doesn't seem like it with this crazy, hot, hot weather we've been having, summer is very near it's end.  I feel like we've done this one justice!

0 comments: