Today I was trying to organize things we need to file taxes. I was having trouble finding my W-2's from Dee-Mack. Then it occurred to me, I don't have any W-2's this year! It has been a whole year since I quit work. Thinking over the past year, it is amazes me the "stuff" we've done...I quit my job, Lukas arrived, the "what ifs" of Drew interviewing, Drew gets a new job & is on the road 2 hours each day, putting our house up for sale, lots of showings (with 3 small kids, mind you!), lots of late nights for Drew, our house FINALLY sells, trying to find a new house, Ben's speech, and a couple other stressful family situations in between. Wow, no wonder feel I so overwhelmed! I guess it all hit me this afternoon. As much as I don't want to move away from Eureka, I'm looking forward to things slowing down a bit and all of us being together a little more.
Anyway, this month flew by and there were just a couple of things I didn't post about. One being Kate's dance clinic. On MLK Day, the Eureka High School Dance Team held a dance clinic. Kate and her BFF, Jacey, wanted to go. They learned a "dance routine" to an old Kriss Kross song, "I Missed the Bus". Then they performed it the following night during half-time of the Varsity boy's basketball game. The girls were so cute! I wish Kate would have done it like she was practicing at home (it was hilarious). But, I'm so proud of her. It was a packed house and I know she was nervous. This girl didn't miss a beat, though! Here she is with her good buddies Jacey and Addison.
Then we have Little Luke! He might be my little peanut, but this kid is growing so fast. I don't know what I expected exactly, but it amazes me the way he just fits in with the other two. The boys already love to "wrestle" each other, which usually ends up in Luke getting hurt, even though he is equally responsible for instigating these little squalls. They are only 2 and 11 months, I can only imagine the future anxiety they are going to cause me! Here they are completing one of their daily rituals...destroying my laundry room.
Luke is all over the place now! He practically runs to where he is going. One of his favorite things to do is to kick a ball around. I love to watch him, he goes around furniture and from one end of the room to the other. A future in soccer, maybe?? He has two words: "dog" and "ma". Just like Kate & Ben, "dog" was his first word, but "ma" came shortly after. The poor guy recently had yet another ear infection. He was very cuddly and only wanted to be with me (which I didn't mind at all!). But, when I did put him down to do something he would follow me around kind of whining and saying "ma...ma....ma". It was pitiful looking but I loved it anyway! Hard to believe that in just a about 3 weeks my baby boy is going to be 1! Man, how time flies!





0 comments:
Post a Comment