It all started a week ago when Ben got clocked with a LaCrosse stick by the neighbor boy and split him between the eyes. The next day I took him to Eureka's prompt care (and after waiting in a tiny room with a sick 2 year old for an hour and a half) we found out he had an ear infection in both ears and strep throat. Two days later Kate had her first bike accident...she skinned knees and knuckles, bloodied her nose, split her lip, and knocked her two front teeth loose. Just when we thought it couldn't get any crazier, yesterday came. At 9:00 we had two ladies coming to our house to do a speech evaluation on Ben. At 9:30, Kate had a dentist appointment to have her teeth checked. For some reason, at 8:30 Kate decided to put a bead from one of her necklaces up her nose. (Why? I will never know.) She was crying hysterically. She kept crying "I put a small ball up my nose!" (just imagine that loud and drawn out with lots of sobbing in between.) Drew and I were panicking. It was far enough up there I couldn't even see it with a flashlight. As I was trying to find my phone and figure out who to call, Drew somehow got it out. Then the speech ladies came (I'm sure they think we are the craziest family they've ever met) and I left to take Kate to the dentist. From my talk on the phone with the dentist office, I was expecting Kate to get a splint on her front teeth to hold them in place while the gums tightened back up. But, after the dentist looked at them and took an x-ray we learned they are too loose and there is enough root damage that she is going to loose them. Luckily the adult teeth above the gumline do not appear to be damaged. I got home just in time to catch the end of Ben's speech eval. The good news is his speech issues are simply articulation. And, not even significant enough to qualify him for services. But, with a little fudging on the forms we can make him eligible and get his sounds in good shape in no time at all. I'm excited to get started! Now back to our crazy day and Luke...for the past couple of days my always happy, smiling baby has been fussy. I think it is safe to say the poor baby has cried more in the past two days than he has in the past 4 months combined. Since Ben was still on antibiotics for strep, I called our pediatrician. He wanted to see him right away, so we loaded up and headed to Bloomington. Poor sweet Lukas had a 102.7 temperature and an ear infection. When it rains, it pours! Here's to hoping we got all of our summer sicknesses and accidents taken care of in one week!
Thursday, June 30, 2011
When it Rains to Pours
Posted by Amanda at 10:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment