Ben is definitely all boy! It was fun having just him home by himself a couple mornings a week this year while Kate went to school. He has a whole new perspective on things. Ben is a happy, energetic little guy who is as sweet as he is ornery!
He loves to "fix" things (although sometimes his "fixing" ends up breaking them). One of this favorite toys is a little saw and drill set he got for his birthday. He knows where the scissors are in the drawer (even though I've changed the drawer I keep them in multiple times). He will run and get them to "fix" things all the time. He likes to tip our vacuum on its side and tinker around with the brush underneath. Maybe he is going to have the knack for fixing things like his Papa Maurer!
The outdoors is Ben's domain! Finally the weather has warmed up and he can get out! And when he comes back in, this boy is DIRTY! I think he has some sort of internal dirt magnet. Like his Daddy, he never has shoes on, so I am constantly washing his feet off. He would much rather be outdoors than in though, even if he is just wandering around the backyard alone, chasing birds. He has really been into riding his tricycle lately. We live on a gradual hill and Ben has found that it is lots of fun (and little work), to ride his trike down this hill. Then he ditches his trike at the bottom and walks back home. This little game is fun for Ben, but getting quite old for me! How can I resist this face though!
Here is an example of his orneriness. He is so happy because he is spraying his sister!
Another orneriness example. Uh-oh, busted!
He is also a little monkey, or an "eee-eee", as he would say. He climbs up, on, and over every thing in sight. He hangs on the counter top edge and from the railing on the stairs. I'm beginning to believe he really does think he is a monkey! I'm finding him more and more places where a little boy just shouldn't be.
Even though he is mostly rough and tumble, he loves to sit in my lap and read books or watch Sesame Street. He sings and dances and has an infectious giggle. He loves on his best friend, Jack. And nothing in the world feels better than this boy's hugs!











0 comments:
Post a Comment