Friday, May 13, 2011

Fashion

Earlier I mentioned that Kate is quite into what she calls "fashion".  I was going through some pictures today and found a few examples.  Enjoy...

 
 
 
 
 


While I'm on the subject of Kate and her uniqueness, there are a few things she has said lately that I want to remember.  I just never know what will come out of ths girl's mouth....

A few weeks ago I was in the bathroom with her at church.  All the stalls were full so we had to wait.  When one came open an older woman with white hair came out (she was old, but didn't appear to be on her deathbed or anything).  As we were going in Kate says (hopefully not as loud as I feel it was) "Man, that lady'll be going to heaven soon!!"  I quickly shooed her into the stall and hoped no one saw who we were!

Kate is a worrier.  She worries about whether or not she wants to get married (because she doesn't want to change her last name).  She worries about if she wants to go to college or not (because she doesn't want to move away from home...thanks to Toy Story 3).  But her latest worry is if she wants to have kids of her own someday.  This one surprises me because she LOVES caring for her babies.  She dresses them, and cuddles them, she nurses them and disciplines them.  They are often ill and she must be their nurse.  So why she lies awake at night pondering this one surprises me.  The other day in the car she was yet again talking about not wanting to have her own kids someday.  So, I finally  just asked her why (usually I tell her that is fine and she has a long time before she even needs to think about it, etc).  Her answer: "Because kids just really seem like a lot of work!".  Oh Kate, how right you are.

0 comments: