Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just Waiting Around

Life in the Goebel house hasn't been very eventful.  We stick pretty close to home (due to the weather and the fact that I have no energy).  But, I've been enjoying being home with my little love bugs.  I'm so thankful everyday that I'm home with them and not at school!

Our big outing is taking Kate to pre-school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Thank goodness for pre-school!  I think Little-Miss-Social would go crazy without it!  Our other adventures include an occasional high school sporting event or a trip to the doctor's office.  Other than that we our entertaining ourselves at home.

I've created a monster with indoor picnics.  Now Kate wants every day to be a picnic day.  Well....why not!

We've been doing a little bit of painting.  You'd think that it would work out nicely for me because Ben prefers cleaning Kate's brushes out over actually painting.  It sounds good in theory, but he is capable of making an even bigger mess by cleaning brushes than when he finger paints.

I got out the bread machine; something I haven't done, well, since Kate was born probably.  Who knew how entertaining a bread machine could be!?

Bath time has become a morning activity for us instead of an evening chore.  Why is it they play together so nicely in the tub but nowhere else??  Since it is too cold to blow bubbles outside, we do it in the tub now!  And both Kate and Ben have enjoyed creating some bath time masterpieces with their tub markers.


Other than that we've watched "The Princess and the Frog" more times than I care to mention.  We've logged in countless hours of playing "dog", where Kate and Ben play fetch, go to their kennel, and generally just bark a lot (Kate's dog name is Sharkey).  And, I've changed the clothes on Kate's Barbies and princesses hundreds of times.  I can't think of any better way to spend these last few weeks counting down Baby Goebel's arrival.

0 comments: