Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Change is a Good Thing

It is hard to believe that once again, summer is over. I will never understand how three months can pass by so quickly. We've had our share of ups and downs this summer, but we are concentrating on our ups. God is good and he continues to bless us. Our greatest blessing of the summer is the addition of baby number three, coming this winter. Wow, another baby! Who knew we'd be a family of 5?!

This week I started school again and working two full-time jobs is just as tiring as I remember it being last year. Starting the school year seemed a little easier this time. Maybe it is because Ben is a bit older and both kids were SO excited to get back to Susan's house. (Kate tells me Susan fixes better lunches than I do!) But, I really think it has more to do with our next big change. Since Kate was born I have dreamed about staying home. I don't know why I didn't, the money issue I suppose, but also I think I was scared to make that leap (I've never been good at change, ask anyone who knows me well). I love my job and teaching is all I really know. This is my 11th year after all. I've gone back and forth a million times, and have probably driven everyone I know half crazy, but we made the decision. December 22 will be my last day of teaching! My school has been more understanding and accommodating than I could have ever imagined. There will be lots of sacrifices but I can't wait to start this new stage in our lives. I can't wait to be a stay-at-home mom to my babies...all three of them.

Now those are some changes I can live with.

2 comments:

Wendy Smith said...

I am sooo happy for your changes! You will NEVER regret leaving your teaching career. TRUST ME! I've never looked back once! :)

emily zeller said...

Very awesome news Amanda, so happy for you...however, you better work on your lunch-making-skills to keep up with Susan :)