Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pre-School

Today is Ben's first day of Pre-School.  This boy is so ready and I can't wait to watch him grow. He gave me a big kiss and a tight hug, then turned and walked confidently into his classroom. That was it, no looking back.  It felt weird walking to the car with my hand held by just one little boy; I think I like two better.  I'm so proud of how brave Ben is and how excited he is to be in school, but I'm sad to let go and venture in to this new stage of life with him.  I hope his teachers realize how special my boy is!
(His front porch photo session ideas cracked me up...)

 
 

 Yesterday we had Ben's classroom open house.  We met his teachers, Miss Janet & Miss Kelly.  We looked around his classroom and I signed up for a few volunteer opportunities.  I loved being in Kate's classroom last year, and I look forward to watching Ben interact with is teachers and friends this year.  I feel like this is going to be a good year for my little buddy!
 

Now I'm just down to this little guy, at least for the mornings.  Gotta soak it in.
 

Update:  I picked up Ben from school.  He had a great morning.  School is a little sweaty, he says.  His favorite part of his first day: "You might think this is silly but if you play a certain thing at school, you have to put a yellow necklace on.  When you are finished playing you take the necklace off and hang it on a hook.  I wore a yellow necklace today and that was my favorite."  



0 comments: