Friday, October 12, 2012

Fire Truck Parade

My nice camera broke.  It was lucky enough to narrowly miss a killer wave produced by Tropical Storm Debby, but was not so lucky this time.  Hurricane Lukas ruined it for sure.  I. Am. So. Sad.  A new one doesn't fit into our budget right now, so I'm back to my old point & shoot.  I'm trying not to think about it (but that's hard).  So, about the fire truck parade...not much exciting happens in Clinton.  But for the Goebel kids, this was pretty exciting!  We found out that as a part of fire prevention week, Clinton hosts an annual fire truck parade.  Once the sun began to set, I grabbed the kids (and my old, old camera) and headed up to the church to meet some friends.  Kate tells people there are no girls in Clinton...poor thing, from the looks of it she's right.

Then the parade began, and in case you didn't figure it out by the name of the parade, it is simply fire trucks.  Every kind you can think of, from all the surrounding towns.  Lights. Sirens. Honking.  I didn't count, but maybe 30 fire trucks were there.  All three of my kiddos stood in awe...and waved.
 

After the parade the trucks all parked on the Square, so we walked up there to get an up-close look.  Three of the trucks were ladder trucks.  We watched in amazement as each truck's stabilizers came out and the ladders grew high into the sky.  The kids each got to sit in one of the trucks.
 
 

And to top it all off, Drew's meeting got finished early enough that he was able to meet us for one more stroll around the Square.  It was an unexpected, exciting night in Clinton.  Ben is still talking about it. 

0 comments: