I can't believe it is time for Kate to go to Kindergarten. How is it possible for 5 years to pass by so quickly?! (I am so not ready for this!). When we registered her, we found out she got the teacher we were really, really hoping for! We've been spending some time these last couple of weeks getting her all ready for school.
She got all the shots she needed for Kindergarten at her 5 year old check-up last March. She was very happy that the shots part was taken care of, but she still needed a dental and eye exam. She had a great dentist appointment. She was given an A+ on her brushing and got to put her picture up on the All Stars Wall.
As for the eye exam, well...we found out she needs glasses. Right now just for reading, and she doesn't even need to take them to school right away (they don't do enough "reading" to make it worth the possible social stigma). But, there is a good chance it will develop into nearsightedness in the future (she is just like her Mama). It breaks my heart that she will need glasses, but she is really excited about them! For that, I am thankful.
We got her school shopping all taken care of, too. When we got to the store, I grabbed the sale flyer and the school supply list. Kate asked me what I took and I told her it was the list of supplies she needed for school. She was so excited as she looked through the flyer. She thought she would need Gushers, and juice boxes, and a Cinderella t-shirt for school. I had to explain to her that she was looking at the sale flyer, not the school supply list. She was disappointed for only a second before she got excited over the folders, pencils, glue and crayons. It was a fun shopping trip. I guess we are ready for school! Well, Kate's ready...I'm as ready as I'm going to get.
As for Ben, he was going to attend pre-school this year. I struggled with the decision all summer long, but finally decided to not send him. The program here in Clinton is every day from 8:40 - 11:10, and he still takes an afternoon nap. I would hardly see him anymore. Plus, he's only 3! I can't let go of two babies at one time! It was a tough decision for me, I want to do what is right for Ben. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of the program he would have attended. But, when it comes down to it, I'd rather snuggle him watching Team UmiZoomi, help him hit the baseball in the backyard, take him to the park and the library, and listen to his safety recommendations with his little mouth twisted all to the side for one more year. I will still take him in for speech services once a week and we will call that "school". Because for now, staying home with Mama wins!
As, I look back over my blog posts for the summer I notice a reoccurring theme...pajamas. It seems we never really got dressed this summer. We usually stayed in our pajamas until it was pool time. Once we got back from the pool it was dinner, showers and back in pajamas. Ahh, the lazy days of summer. Well, school starts in just a few days and a routine might be good for us.





0 comments:
Post a Comment