Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Heat Won't Stop Us!

Besides practically melting in this extreme heat, here are just a few pictures of what we've been up to this past week.  Seems like it flew by!  I have a garden this summer.  I've always wanted one, and this house came with a plot already started.  The neighbor tilled it up for me and I was ready to go!  It has been fun to spend time with the kids out there, mostly Kate.  She's always by my side; ready to help me with anything I ask of her.  When we got home from Florida we had crops ready!  Here is our first crop of banana peppers and jalapenos from our first garden.  (Soon we will have more tomatoes than we can handle!!)


I planted some zinnias in the garden, mostly with Kate in mind.  She loves picking flowers and I wanted to plant these for her to pick as she pleased.  Here is her first bouquet.  She took a bunch over to our next door neighbor, too.  Just looking at these flowers makes me happy. 

For the 4th of July we spent some time with new friends from Clinton.  A morning swim & boating on Clinton Lake followed by a lunch together.  It is nice to feel like we are meeting some people in our new town.  After lunch we headed to Shelbyville to spend the 4th with Grammy & Papa.  We started off at the pool.  Luke loved the froggy slide just as much as his brother and sister did when they were his age (and still do).  Kate showed off her diving board skills too.






After a chicken 'weg' dinner we went out on the boat to wait for fireworks.  Grammy read some Skippyjon Jones books while we waited.  Poor Luke was so tired, he held out until right before the fireworks started before falling asleep.  We had a full, busy day!

 Despite the intense heat, the next morning we went back out to the lake for fishing, swimming & tubing.  I would like to introduce you to my son, Brave Ben!  He has had a boost of confidence!!  Although fishing is still not his idea of a fun time, he is not afraid the bluegills are going to eat him anymore.  And, he is a swimmer!!  All. By. Himself.  He floats around, kicks his legs, and loves the water.  And that's not all folks...he tubes!!!  Oh, I love my cautious little boy!  I'm so proud of him for reaching outside his comfort zone.  







The next day I had a garage sale.  My baby stuff it gone.  It is silly how hard it is for me to part with these things.  During the sale, Kate set up a lemonade stand.  She is so proud of the money she made and is looking forward to buying toys with her profits. 
 Since we've been back from 'vacation' it seems like we've been on the run.  I am looking forward to putting our summer on slow motion from here on out.  My kids are growing up too quickly.  Kate starts Kindergarten in just about one month and Ben will be in pre-school every day for a couple of hours.  I want to savor my days with my babies.

0 comments: