Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Feeling Like Summer!

It is finally starting to feel like summer!  The weather has heated up and Drew is out of school.  We have most of our new house projects completed so we have had time to relax and enjoy these first few days of summer break.  We've had a couple of visitors.  The Goodrich Family came down to check out our new place.  My kids adore Jaxson and we always have a fun time when they visit.  

Mono came down on her first day of summer break to watch the kids while Drew and I went to a retirement party.  Luke is becoming a Mono's boy! 
 
Last Friday we spent time with our old neighbors and celebrated a lazy summer afternoon with them the way we used to.  They had just put their pool up so only the extremely brave got in (Kate and Drew).
 

The kids played while the adults enjoyed "the island".  It was good to be with old friends for the day.
 

Ben is really into making "trains".  He will find ways to hook as many toys as he possibly can together to form a train.  He's been doing this in the house with his toys for quite awhile.  Now he is doing it with his tricycle outside.  Here I think he looks like those scavengers who drive around town on city-wide junk days picking up stuff.  I'm amazed at how much junk he could fit on his train.

This particular day he managed to get himself a passenger.

I see lots of swimming in our future this summer.  We've only been down to the pool twice, but Kate has already improved a ton in her swimming!  Here she is going off the diving board for the first time without her life jacket.  She passed the swimming test and earned the right to the deep in without a life jacket on!
 

Ben is still unsure of the water.  The heater is broken right now so the water is quite brisk.  I'm hoping that has something to do with it, but I'm sure he will come around eventually.  Right now he has found other ways to keep himself entertained, and he is slowly easing himself into the water.
 

Luke has no fear of the water whatsoever.  He's such a happy little guy.  He just floats around and smiles.  He likes to put his face in the water and blow bubbles. I think he will be swimming before we know it!
 

This week is VBS at our new church and Ben's first year being old enough to attend.  So far they both have really enjoyed it.  Kate comes home with lots of details about the crafts, the songs, the teacher, the kids, the stories...she could talk for hours about her day.  Ben on the other hand has few words.  I ask him what he did at VBS and he says, "nothing".  If I keep fishing for information I can usually figure out what he had for snack.  Other than snack time, Ben does nothing at VBS.  Oh, the difference between boys and girls!  On Kate's first day at VBS she got "caught being good" and earned this coin.  I'm so proud of her!

0 comments: