Thursday, December 22, 2011

Countdown to Christmas

Our Christmas season was kicked off with a visit from our new elf.  He showed up on our front porch just after Thanksgiving and has been hiding around the house ever since.  Kate named him Chrispy and we've had fun waking up (a little too early) every morning to find Chrispy's new hiding spot.  
 
  

Kate had her Christmas program at church.  At first when she was given her role as an angel she was disappointed because she wanted to be a sheep.  But, as soon as she saw her lovely angel costume she was sold.  It was fun practicing her songs with her preparing for her program.  Although the crowd made her a little nervous, she did a great job and all her biggest fans were there to watch her! 
 
 
 

We took a trip to visit Santa.  Kate asked for a Doodle Bear, the pink one.  Ben asked for a big, big truck.  And Luke, he just sat in awe.  

Kate had her Christmas party at school.  She was SO excited for it.  I remember those days!  I wish I could have went to the party with her, but it just doesn't work out with the boys.  Instead I settled for hearing every little detail when she got home!  Here she wanted to to pose for a picture before we left for her party.  

And I'm adding this picture just to document that they really do like each other!  Yesterday I walked in on the two of them watching the Dora Christmas special together.  
Tomorrow kicks off the beginning of our Christmas traveling.  As much as the driving gets old, I can't wait to get started!

0 comments: