Well, we are one month into being a family of 5! The first two weeks we had help from Mono and Grammy, but now we are all on our own. We aren't doing too bad! We are starting to get into a routine that works for us (it might include pajamas until 2 p.m., but it works for the time being). Honestly, the hardest part doesn't have anything to do with having a newborn in the house, it is Kate and Ben fighting all.the.time. Tuesdays and Thursdays can get a little hairy because I have to drag all three kids into Kate's school to drop her off and pick her back up. Other than those occasional bumps in the road we are doing pretty well. Here is what our first month with Luke looked like...
The past few days the weather has been warming up and we've been able to get outside. But, before that the kids were getting really antsy being stuck in the house. We were getting out even less than we usually do since Luke's arrival and they needed some action! A trip in to see Chuck E. Cheese was just what we needed. And lucky for us, Grammy came along. There is no way we could have done it without her. Kate and Ben each had their own idea on where they wanted to be and someone had to be at the table for Luke. We need a little practice yet on juggling 3 little ones!
Finally it has started to warm up around here. Spring can't get here any sooner for us! We've been enjoying playing outside some and getting to know our neighbors again after being strangers all winter. The sandbox that Ben got for his birthday last year has been a big hit. How he manages to get a diaper full of sand even though he is wearing pants with an elastic waistband, a onesie, shirt, and jacket I will never know!
Kate is really getting into what she calls "fashion". I should be taking pictures of this so-called-fashion to show her when she's older. Some of the things she comes with to wear are pretty funny. The other day she decided to get mom in on her fashion and she did my hair. When she was finished I looked like "magic". It is hard to tell from the picture, but I took 17 barrettes out of my hair when the "magic" was over.
As for Luke, he has been an awesome baby! God knew I needed things a little easier this go around. He is sleeping like a newborn, about 2-3 hours at time at night, but he goes right back to sleep after he eats. We hardly hear a peep out of him all day (although he has been particularly fussy today...so I hope I am not jinxing myself). He is such a good sport about being kissed, and hugged, and patted, and poked by his loving, but quite rough, big brother. He is growing like a champ! When I took him back for his 2 week appointment he had already put on a pound. I haven't weighed him since, but he is outgrowing his clothes right and left! He is starting to be more alert during the day and really studies my face when I hold him. Even though he adds just a little more crazy to this already crazy family, I think we'll keep him!








0 comments:
Post a Comment