Sunday, October 24, 2010

Last Weekend

Last weekend we finally made it to Tanner's Apple Orchard.  I was beginning to think we weren't going to make it this year.  Drew ended up having a school obligation, but luckily my friend Beth was able to go with me to help keep tabs on the kiddos.  Once we got to the play area they both had their own agenda.  There is no way I would have been able to keep up with them both on my own.  Kate was really looking forward to the pony rides, the "train" and the school bus.  Ben loves animals so I thought he'd be excited about the ponies too...not so much.  Kate rode a few times.  I think Ben would have liked to have tried it, but when it came right down to sitting in the saddle he freaked out a bit.  

Next up was the "train" ride.  Ben was all about this one!  I was a little nervous because the ride takes them back through an apple orchard and I can't see them anymore.  I just never know what to expect with Ben.  The two of the shared a "car" and did just fine.  In fact, they rode a couple of times.
 Kate is really interested in school buses.  She was very disappointed when she found out she would not be riding one to her school this year.  Lucky for Kate, her Daddy has a couple of school bus connections, and she's been able to sneak in a ride or two.  So it is needless to say, one of the highlights of her morning was sitting on the bus at Tanner's.  She just sat...for a long time...but she was happy!
I would say the highlight of Ben's morning was the tunnel.  He went back and forth through it many, many times.  I think it was the sense of freedom he felt; for once Mom wasn't following him!

After our apple orchard visit we headed to Jax's 4th birthday party. We picked Drew up on our way through Eureka and took naps in the car.  Jaxson is one lucky little boy; his mom knows how to throw an awesome party!  In fact, Kate wants Jaxson's mom to do her birthday party.  She keeps asking me if she can have her party with Jax's mom at Jax's house.  Here's why...

 
 

  The next day the fun continued with a Ruwe Fish Fry.  All of the great-grandkids were there.  That usually only happens at Christmas!  There are 11 of them all together and luckily Kate's newest cousin is a girl, or she'd be the only one!
 
 
When your face has as much chocolate on it as it does dirt, you know it was a good day!

0 comments: