School is out, and I couldn't be happier! This weekend felt like the perfect way to kick-off summer.
We started Friday night with an outing with our neighbors. Kate absolutely adores our neighbors Meghan and Allison. They invited us to see the movie How to Train Your Dragon at this fun little place in Metamora called Didley's. They have an outdoor movie screen. We packed up blankets and pillows and enjoyed a movie under the stars (and an awesome full moon). Both of my kiddos fell asleep shortly after the movie started. But, it is about the experience, not the movie, right?! Anyway, I really enjoyed the movie.
Saturday Kate and I took Mono and Grammy out for our long over-due Mother's Day lunch. We went to the cutest little tearoom in Mackinaw called The Depot. I've been looking forward to taking my moms there since I started working at Dee-Mack. They loved it as much as I do.
While the girls were at the tearoom, the boys were back at home doing what boys do...hanging out in the garage.
Then, Saturday night we had a wiener roast in our backyard, just the four of us. It was so fun to roast hotdogs and marshmallows with my little family.
Sunday after church we re-opened Goebel Beach for the summer. It was kind of fun because the kids took afternoon naps at different time so they swam at different times. It isn't very often that I get to spend one-on-one time with them like this.
Sunday evening we had a cook-out with some friends at Kate's friend Addison's house. These two just crack me up. They are only three days apart in age.
Monday we decided to pack up and head to the lake. Last summer Ben was so small and we didn't get to spend much time out on the water. This summer we are making up for lost time! Whenever we visit Shelbyville I feel kind of like we are on vacation. Kate has improved SO MUCH in her swimming since last summer. I think it is mostly her confidence but she was doggie paddling all over the place! Ben was a little unsure of the water at first. As soon as he got in his Papa's arms he was fine though.
Our long weekend was packed with all of the things I love about summer...family, friends, good food, swimming, sun...but the BEST part is that today is Wednesday and I'm still home with my kiddos! Did I happen to mention that I love summer?








2 comments:
I love summer too! Let's get together soon! :)
I'm soo soo jealous! We need to schedule a play date soon!
Post a Comment