It is really hard to believe that I have over a week of school under my belt. The anticipation of returning to work was definitely worse than actually going back. The teachers I work with are so much fun and the days are flying by. Mornings are still hard for me but it helps that Kate absolutely loves her "Schu-Schu" (Susan, her babysitter). The first week back definitely had it's trying points. For instance...parking too close to the drain in the school parking lot during a torrential downpour and having to ride home with 3 inches of water sloshing in the bottom of my car or knocking my diamond out of the setting while moving a box of textbooks or Kate refusing to leave Susan's at night when I go to pick her up (that hurts a little!). But, we all survived! Now I'm just trying to learn to balance the play I want to do when I get home from school with the all things I should do and find some time sleep in between.
Last weekend was Eureka's Sesquicentennial celebration. There were so many fun things to do and all within walking distance of our house! There was a little carnival set up and Kate enjoyed the bounce house and the giant slide. She even met up with her buddy Jude for a little bit. The weather was beautiful all weekend! It was nice to be able to relax and spend a couple days with my little family.
Last Friday we took Ben to his 4 month appointment. He weighs 16lb. 4 oz. and is 26 inches long. That puts him in the 75%tile for both. His acid reflux is still an issue we are dealing with but the medication seems to be working. The doctor suggested giving Ben some rice cereal thinking maybe something a little heavier in his tummy would help him to not spit up so often. Last night we gave him a little taste of his first cereal. He seemed to like it OK. Kate even got in on the feeding session. I'm not sure I'm ready to start cereal though. It makes it seem like he is growing up too fast (plus nursing is way less work!)
Ben's little personality is showing more and more. When he giggles and squeals and laughs, it is hard not to laugh too. He thinks the dog is the funniest thing he has ever seen. I love listening to him laugh. Ben can go from happy to mad as a hornet in less than a second. He rolls all over the place and nothing makes him more angry than rolling himself into a place that he can't get out of. Here are a few pictures of my little guy.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
The Days Fly By
Posted by Amanda at 8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aww Amanda, you have the perfect family. It's wonderful to hear that going back to school wasn't as bad as you originally thought. I've been thinking a lot about you! I hope school continues to fly by for you :)
Love the pics!!
Post a Comment